Counting Down

Since I last posted, Tyler and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary, my brother and Tyler's sister got married, we had Christmas 2008, New Year 2009, and I entered month #9 with baby. Whew! That was a lot of events!

We survived our California trip, and even enjoyed parts of it! :) My sister-in-law and I threw a bridal shower for the bride right after we arrived in California. It went really well...we ate a LOT of cookies! Right after that, we (Tracy and I) headed to Vegas to meet up with our husbands for a quick getaway. It was really fun - we saw Mystere by Cirque Du Soleil...and it did not disappoint. Tyler and I saw Ka a couple of years ago, and so we were really excited to get to see another show. I think I preferred Ka, but Mystere was still great.

Once we got back to my parents house, we were busy preparing for the wedding. In the midst of all the preparation, we were hit by a freak snow storm - ended up with a foot of snow, and since it's southern California, everything came to a screeching halt. No roads were plowed, no salt, nothing. All the roads connecting our valley with Los Angeles were closed for more than 24 hours. Luckily, it was early enough in the week where it didn't affect the wedding plans too much, and we were able to enjoy playing in the snow for a little while.

The wedding went very well - my new sister-in-law, Kaley, was a beautiful bride and handled the day with a lot of grace. My brother looked SO handsome :) We're still waiting to see the wedding photos, but I think they will be gorgeous with the bride and groom being so photogenic. I even survived the day in my high heels! Truth be told, I did spend a lot of time barefoot, but when it mattered, I wore those babies! Zach did his job as the ring bearer, but he wasn't particularly happy or sweet that day, so we didn't expect much from him. He did enjoy candy canes at the reception though!

Christmas was nice, but honestly, it made us really appreciate our last two Christmases in NC. There is just no winning when both families live in the same town, and are not celebrating together. Our Christmas day ended up being the most stressful day of our entire trip ironically. We spent the majority of the day driving back and forth between two Christmases - trying to pick and choose what we could and couldn't miss at each one. It was a shame that there was no time for us to really enjoy the day or take time to watch Zach experience his 2nd Christmas - it was just too hectic. So, now we know that holidays are probably not the best time to visit family - there seems to be too much at stake and emotions run too high. So we know Christmas, 2009 will be here in our house with our little family :) and if anyone wants to come spend it with us, that would be wonderful...but I think we're done with the scenario we just experienced!

Three days after Christmas, we flew home, and jumped back into our routine. Tyler is back at work, Zach is back in his Little Gym class, and I have the house back in order. Tomorrow, I go to the doctor for my 38 week check-up! I am so ready to have this baby and get it over with...yes you read that right! No, I don't LOVE being pregnant, I won't miss the pregnant feeling, and while newborns are adorably small and precious, the first 6 weeks are a blur of no sleep and endless feedings and diaper changes...so I just want to get it over with. Once newborns start sleeping through the night and getting on a schedule, I like them a lot more :) So we'll see what the doctor has to say tomorrow! After the appointment, I am going to pick up some fire logs and get ready for the cold snap we are going to get. The fire will be soooo nice and warm. That's another reason I want to have this baby - because then I can wear all my nice, warm hoodies again - right now I'm wearing Tyler's shirt - which does the job, but isn't very fashionable :)

Well, I'm off to bed. I'll update with any baby news...I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Oh, and if you want to see pictures from our trip, just click on this link

0 comments: