I'm so flaky!

OK, I know it's September, and it's painfully obvious that it's been too long since I last posted on here, but at least it's not October! Life has been hectic - we recently returned from our first trip back to California with Zachary. It was very quick (a week always seems long when booking the trip, but it flies by in reality), but it was wonderful to see family and friends and show Zach his WHOLE family. There were times he became a little overwhelmed, but overall, he did a great job. I must say though, I'm not interested in taking a baby on a plane in the future. I know I will have to, but I won't be looking forward to it.

Let's see...as I write this, we are all recovering from a nice head cold. Tyler caught it at work, and not long after, I had it. Zach got the brunt of it today - poor little guy - he wasn't too happy. Luckily though, Tyler is on the mend, so I know Zach and I will be feeling better soon.

Tyler just started his new job with the state. All the people he works with are very nice, and I look forward to hearing more about them. Right now, Tyler is busy filling out all the benefits paperwork - after so many jobs in such a short amount of time, you'd think we could do this paperwork in our sleep! I am so thankful for a husband that is willing to go through all the headaches of taking a new job so that I can continue to stay home with Zach. Tyler is incredible, and I am so grateful for him.

Zach is almost 8 months old! I can't believe I am typing that. He is growing up so quickly. He is crawling EVERYWHERE, and pulling up to standing whenever he gets the chance. He loves to play peekaboo with us, which blows my mind because he actually initiates the game. He still doesn't have a single tooth in his mouth. Tyler and I starting to wonder about baby dentures...but hopefully those teeth will make an appearance soon.

The weather here is finally starting to cool down. It was definitely an oppressive summer - not so much the heat or the humidity - but the lack of rain. We are short about 7 inches of rain out here, and the city is issuing a bunch of water restrictions, etc. Luckily, we are on a well, so they don't pertain to us...hahaha! Hopefully this fall will bring some good rain. I can't wait to see all the leaves changing, and I'm looking forward to seeing hay and pumpkins on everyone's porch. I need to get a Halloween costume for Zach...so far, the one I like is a shark costume :) We'll see. October will be a great month for us - we have family coming to stay with us for 3 weeks! We are going to go to the State Fair, and the farmers market, and just enjoy the time spent together. While I can't wait, I'm a little overwhelmed at all I have to do to this house before they come. But it will be worth it!

Well, it's late, and I am ready for bed. I plan on updating this more regularly in the future, and not just with family updates, but also my own blogs about things that are on my mind. Hopefully it will make some sense and not bore everyone. Anyway, enjoy the weekend!!!


0 comments: