April Showers BETTER Bring May Flowers!

"The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency." ~Toth


Hmm. A rainy day like that would be nice. But today's rainy day is a little more like having to get to the post office to send some packages and having to hold them in one arm while trying to hold a wiggly boy in the other arm. It's putting my son down for his nap and thinking that a nap would be nice for me too, but then looking around the living room which looks like a toy store was bombed. It's trying to explain to a 14-month old that he can't go outside (even though he has his shoes on), because it's not just a rainy day - it's a COLD rainy day.

I shouldn't complain - we need the rain, and I still love rainy days. I just would prefer a warm rainy day, and a moment where I had nothing better to do than sit by the window and daydream :) Well, that mention of scones and jam has reminded me that it's lunchtime, so I'm off to rummage through the pantry (another thing I need to do - organize the pantry) and find something worth eating.

0 comments: