Not Sure If I Should Be Concerned...

Yesterday, I decided that I needed to reclaim the living room for grown-ups. For those of you who haven't seen our living room, I have three baskets under the television that have stored Zach's toys for many months. He plays with his toys and they inevitably end up all over the place. Putting the toys back in the baskets is a lesson in futility. So, I decided that if there was going to be a bunch of toys strewn around the floor, it should be in Zach's room - not the living room. I went to Target and purchased this:

I put it together, gathered all Zach's toys from the living room and put them in their new home. It looks great! But here's where I get concerned. Zach really likes the storage bins themselves. He empties all the toys out of them and then removes the bins and stacks them. So far, no problem. But tonight after dinner, I went back to his room to see what he was up to, and he had stacked all the bins by color. When I put the bins on the rack, I did it just like the picture (yes, I'm weird). so the colors are all spread out. He had the large bins in one stack because none of their colors repeat. But the small bins where stacked with two navy blues at the bottom, two light blues in the middle and the two greens on top. He did it on purpose. It freaked me out a little. Am I raising an O.C.D. child?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have the same one! :) Well, if you are raising an OCD child we can slug through it together b/c I definitely am :)

Trudee said...

Ok... ummm... who's the one with OCD? :) Ha! Trudee W.