"A little girl can be sweeter (and badder) oftener than anyone else in the world. She can jitter around and stomp, and make funny noises that frazzle your nerves, yet just when you open your mouth she stands there demure with that special look in her eyes. A girl is innocence playing in the mud. Beauty standing on its head, and Motherhood dragging a doll by the foot."
You have come full circle today, baby girl! 365 days with us...365 sunrises (some of which you made sure mommy saw), 365 sunsets, four seasons, and many events in between! Today, you officially leave babyhood, and become a toddler. From now on, your age won't always be given in months, but in years. Here are some of the things you are up to at 1 year old:
- You have 6 teeth, and a 7th coming soon.
- You are getting more hair on your head, although it's still pretty sparse.
- You are walking full time now, and can even carry heavier things without falling!
- You're about done with baby food - you only want table food, and lots of it.
- You are wearing 9 month and 12 month clothes, although you can still wear most of the 6-9 month size as well.
- You are wearing a size 2 shoe...which is ridiculous.
- You can say "da-da", "Zach", "Papa", "ball", "Hi", "anana" (banana), "ooooh" (uh-oh). Still no "mama"!
- You are not a fan of milk, and you did not appreciate being weaned.
- You still take 2 naps each day, but it won't be long before you combine them into one.
- You love to be outside - except in the snow.
- You're eyes are still blue...maybe they'll stay that way.
- You feel very strongly that you should have full access to all of your brother's toys.
- You have a flair for drama when you are upset - you've even perfected the "cry-so-hard-you-fall-backwards-into-a-heap-on-the-floor" approach. Mommy is not amused.
- You are a tough little sister - daddy is pretty sure he saw you push your brother down the other day. Zach was not amused.
- You still suck your thumb when going to sleep or if you've been crying.
- You've been called the GTMB - Gap Toothed Mullet Baby. That name was your father's idea, and I am sorry. But to be fair, you DO have a mullet.