Ever Have One of Those Weeks?

It's probably a bad thing that I am already putting this week in the 'fail' column, and it's only Wednesday. I have so much to do - many of the things are projects I WANT to do, but I just can't get myself motivated to do them. I am tired. I know we all joke about the time change, but it really kicked my butt this year! I hit the snooze button 2 or 3 times in the morning now, so the kids' schedule has been off by a 1/2 hour - which shouldn't bother me, but it does.

It probably doesn't help that I am in my second week of hell Atkins. The wonderful induction phase - 20 carbs/day, and no sugar. It definitely works, and I've been losing weight, but it doesn't do much for my mood. I'm amazed at how hooked on sugar I am. Every time I go to the grocery store, it's a constant battle to NOT buy all the sugary goodness. The Easter candy is out too. Cadbury Eggs. That is true temptation. I keep telling myself I'll have one closer to Easter, but not now. *sigh*

The kids both have a cold this week. I know they're miserable. Rebekah is frustrated because she can't breathe through her nose, which keeps her from sucking her thumb when she wants to. Zach isn't running a fever anymore, but today, everything sent him into tears. He even asked me to hold him several times today - not normal for him! Is it horrible that I loved every minute of it? He actually fell asleep in my arms and I held him for about 30 minutes before finally carrying him up to his bed. Poor kid. But even when you know your kids aren't feeling well, all their crying and melting down wears on your nerves. I am hoping tonight's sleep will bring rest and healing to their little bodies - in turn, that will bring healing to me tomorrow! :)

Tyler and I booked a cruise with some friends for June. At the time, I just thought it would be a really fun trip to go on. More and more, I am thinking that I really need this. A week away from the kids (that's going to be so hard!), and quality time with my husband and good friends. I'm glad I have that to look forward to. If I didn't have weight to lose, I'd be campaigning to move it up to next week! :)

Since this post doesn't have any adorable pictures of the kids, or really anything of interest in it at all, here are some great deals on photo books - definitely take advantage of them if you can:

Also, this isn't a photo book, but it's a free canvas. You will pay shipping which will be around $14, but it's a great deal. I already had one made as a gift, and it was exactly what I ordered!
So how is your week?
What do you do to motivate yourself when you are behind on your to-do list?
If you could take a vacation right now, who would it be with, and where would you go?
I'd love to hear your ideas!

2 comments:

Frugal Home Designs said...

Sorry to hear about your week it can be so frustrating. Sometimes if I am feeling that way, I just allow myself to be tired and feel crummy and quit pressuring my self to get some projects done. Crawl into bed with your sick kids and take a nap. On another note, I think I would want to kill some one if I was only eating 20 carbs a day :)

Julie said...

20 carbs a day! That's very low; and you are probably right about that affecting your outlook on things. Yes, it's sometimes so necessary to just take a nap. Remember, the Lord knows the plans He has for you, and He can accomplish in you more than you can ask or even think! Hope things are looking up on your Friday!