Summer Begins...

I can't believe it's June already...next week will be a year since we left California! It has flown by, and we are still very happy with our decision to move, although we do miss family very much. This last week was fun - Jonathan (my brother) and Kaley (Tyler's younger sister) came to visit. Kaley had not met Zach yet, so it was great to introduce them :) After the initial "who is this person?!" cry from Zach, he warmed up right away, and was soon flirting with his aunt by shooting her little side grins from across the room. Jonathan and Kaley volunteered to watch Zach one night, and Tyler and I actually got to go see a movie! We saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3. It was good, and it was nice to get out for an evening together. That same night we had a great storm come through, which was much needed out here - things that were green were becoming brown. We still need more rain, but every little bit helps!

Tyler has two more weeks of school, and then he is done! We are all looking forward to it! He will be able to come home from work and relax - instead of having to do homework. It'll also give us some time to do some of the projects around the house that we'd like to do. One of the main ones is we are going to install wood floors. I say "we" but I think we are going to hire people to do it. Tyler and I have already "been there done that" and I am not exactly crazy about the idea of having our entire house in upheavel while trying to put down a new floor, and having a baby around on top of it. I'd rather just pay someone to do it right and quickly. But we'll see. I think we have decided on bamboo flooring - we really like the look and color, and it's one of the hardest woods around. But I can't wait for wood floors. Having carpet with a baby and two dogs is really stupid - dog hair and baby spit-up don't come out too well. So I look forward to the day I can just wipe up messes and know all the dog hair is really gone! :)

Well, Zachary had his 4 month doctors appointment on Monday! First off, I can't believe he's 4 months old. When I made his 4 month appointment at the end of his 2 month appointment, I thought to myself that 4 months will NEVER come. But it certainly did - and quickly! Zach is 25 1/2 inches long, which is the 75th percentile, and he is 16.5 lbs, which is the 97th percentile! Woo hoo! He's a big boy. But he is very active too. He loves his jumper that we got for him - he will stay in there for as long as we let him. He loves to sit up with help now, and stand as much as possible. He is a rolling-over crazy guy right now - he rolls from his back to his tummy and then looks around with a big smile on his face to impress mommy and daddy! :) In the last couple of days, he has discovered his feet. He likes to grab them and hold on to them...I'm sure it won't be long before he gets those toes into his mouth! Everything goes into his mouth - toys, fingers, blankets, etc. It's quite entertaining to watch. The doctor said that we can start him on some rice cereal and apple juice if we want to now, but I think we may wait a while...he's doing just fine with the status quo...so why change it? But I do want to see the reaction to apple juice - that will be entertaining.

I think that is about all for now. I will post some videos and pictures for you as well! Have a great week!












1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen! Great pics of Zach! It's funny-- on our first night out since having Isabelle, we went to go see Pirates!! Glad to see you've got a good, healthy baby boy!