My sweet boy.

Zach is about 4 months away from turning three years old.

That blows my mind.

It seems like just yesterday that we brought home a baby boy, and began learning how to be mommy and daddy to our Zachary.



Now, he's
walking,
talking,
disobeying,
running,
laughing,
teasing,
swinging,
sliding,
dreaming,
sneaking,
learning,
and playing the role of big brother.

He seems to learn something new everyday, and he loves it. My days are full of a little voice asking "What's this?", reading off letters whenever he sees them, and counting anything he deems worthy.

Tonight in the bathtub, he was playing with his foam letters, held up the letter 'C' and told me the sound it makes. It's amazing to think he might be reading soon!

Zach is a rough and tumble boy who loves to play and wrestle and run and jump - the bruises and scrapes up and down his legs are proof of that. But my boy is also sweet, and I can't describe how great it feels to be loved by this kid.

It's the kind of love that compels a 2 1/2 year old to sleep next to on his daddy.



It's the kind of love that compels his daddy to let him.

It doesn't get much better than this.

0 comments: